We will take a few pairs or groups of apparently similar words and illustrate or Learn their usage in sentences to build your vocabulary which develop your power of word-discrimination.
Word Usage Tips – tips on correct word usage, In this article you are going to learn (fault vs defect) and their usage in sentences.
Fault Vs Defect
First Meaning of fault:
By fault we mean something that makes a person or thing imperfect; blemish; Flaw:
Example Sentences of the word Fault:
- He loves me in spite of all my faults.
- His only fault is excessive shyness.
- There is a fault in the electrical connections.
Second Meaning of fault:
To find fault with means to complain about.
Example Sentences of the word (To find fault):
- I have no fault to find with your work.
Third Meaning of fault:
To a fault means excessively.
Example Sentences of the word (To a fault):
- He is generous to a fault.
Fourth Meaning of fault:
At fault means in the wrong at a loss in a puzzled or ignorant state.
Example Sentences of the word (At fault):
- My memory was at fault.
Fifth Meaning of fault:
Fault means also responsible for being wrong.
- Whose fault is it we are late?
- It is your our fault.
- The fault lies with you not with me you are to blame.
Difference between fault and defect:
Defect means imperfection shortcomings lacking in completeness or perfection. While in fault there is an element of blame the word defect has no such implication directly.
Example Sentences of the word (defect):
- There are several defects in our system of education.